In March, the Low Pay Commission (LPC) visited Swansea, Neath and Cardiff in the first of our regional visits this year to gather evidence for our recommendations regarding the National Living Wage (NLW) and National Minimum Wage (NMW) rates for …
Professor Sarah Brown
Commissioner Professor Sarah Brown visited Newry with members of the LPC's secretariat as part of our annual programme of visits around the UK. They heard evidence from both local businesses and workers. Licence: Creative Commons Attribution In June the Low Pay …
Related content and links
About the Low Pay Commission
A blog on the work of the Low Pay Commission (LPC), an independent body that advises the government about the National Minimum Wage.
Comments and moderation
- Minimum wage coverage: where you work versus where you live
- Update on our 2020 consultation
- Why do young people have lower minimum wages?
- Has the National Living Wage affected jobs and hours?
- A tale of two (similar) cities: the impact of the minimum wage on retail and hospitality in Sheffield and Manchester