This year, the Low Pay Commission was asked to investigate the use of the ‘domestic worker exemption’. Our full response to this is included in our 2021 report, published last week. This exemption, which we have now recommended removing, was …
Related content and links
About the Low Pay Commission
A blog on the work of the Low Pay Commission (LPC), an independent body that advises the government about the National Minimum Wage.
Comments and moderation
- How has the NLW affected pay differentials within firms?
- Experiences and Perceived Impacts of the Apprenticeship Minimum Wage: A Qualitative Scoping Study
- Low Pay Commission regional visits 2024 – Your chance to be heard
- The LPC has updated its definitions of ‘low-paying sectors’
- The NLW and protected characteristics: differences in employment and minimum wage coverage by ethnicity, disability, and gender