As Low Pay Commissioners, we know that it is not enough to rely on data alone in making our recommendations to government on the National Living Wage (NLW) and National Minimum Wage (NMW) rates. In addition to the economic and …
Kate Bell is the Head of the Rights, International, Social and Economics department at the TUC. She is a Low Pay Commissioner representing workers.
Related content and links
About the Low Pay Commission
A blog on the work of the Low Pay Commission (LPC), an independent body that advises the government about the National Minimum Wage.
Comments and moderation
- Minimum wage coverage: where you work versus where you live
- Update on our 2020 consultation
- Why do young people have lower minimum wages?
- Has the National Living Wage affected jobs and hours?
- A tale of two (similar) cities: the impact of the minimum wage on retail and hospitality in Sheffield and Manchester