As Low Pay Commissioners, we know that it is not enough to rely on data alone in making our recommendations to government on the National Living Wage (NLW) and National Minimum Wage (NMW) rates. In addition to the economic and …
Kate Bell is the Head of the Rights, International, Social and Economics department at the TUC. She is a Low Pay Commissioner representing workers.
Related content and links
About the Low Pay Commission
A blog on the work of the Low Pay Commission (LPC), an independent body that advises the government about the National Minimum Wage.
Comments and moderation
- The LPC has updated its definitions of ‘low-paying sectors’
- The NLW and protected characteristics: differences in employment and minimum wage coverage by ethnicity, disability, and gender
- The NLW and protected characteristics: Living wages and ethnic pay gaps
- How we calculate a path for the National Living Wage’s target of two-thirds of median wages in 2024
- Reducing the age of entitlement for the NLW