As Low Pay Commissioners, we know that it is not enough to rely on data alone in making our recommendations to government on the National Living Wage (NLW) and National Minimum Wage (NMW) rates. In addition to the economic and …
Commissioners Clare Chapman, Kay Carberry, Kate Bell and Martin McTague visited Birmingham last week to gather evidence on the effects of the National Living Wage and Minimum Wage. Here Clare and Kay share their reflections on what they heard. Wikipedia …
In truth, paying homage to Dennis the Menace and Minnie the Minx wasn't exactly our reason for visiting Dundee but it certainly gave me some credibility with my graphic artist nephew! Each year Commissioners and members of the Low Pay …
Ever wondered how the Low Pay Commission gets to its recommendation on how to set the pay rates that make up the Minimum Wage? Well here is a peek under the tent.
Related content and links
About the Low Pay Commission
A blog on the work of the Low Pay Commission (LPC), an independent body that advises the government about the National Minimum Wage.
Comments and moderation
- The LPC has updated its definitions of ‘low-paying sectors’
- The NLW and protected characteristics: differences in employment and minimum wage coverage by ethnicity, disability, and gender
- The NLW and protected characteristics: Living wages and ethnic pay gaps
- How we calculate a path for the National Living Wage’s target of two-thirds of median wages in 2024
- Reducing the age of entitlement for the NLW