Why is employment still lower than it was three years ago? Total employment in the UK fell following the pandemic and still has not recovered to pre-pandemic levels. The red line in the figure below shows that in August 2022, …
Related content and links
About the Low Pay Commission
A blog on the work of the Low Pay Commission (LPC), an independent body that advises the government about the National Minimum Wage.
Comments and moderation
- Low Pay Commission regional visits 2023 – Your chance to be heard
- How has the increase in economic inactivity affected low-paying occupations?
- LPC kicks off 2022 visits programme in Leicester – but has anything changed?
- Is it just wages that matter?
- Does a higher minimum wage affect hiring behaviour?