Low Pay Commissioner Neil Carberry gives his thoughts on our first visit of 2018, to Kendal and South Lakeland. LPC Chair Bryan Sanderson also went on the visit. The LPC runs a series of visits each year to gather evidence in …
Waiting for a delayed train at the now magnificently rebuilt Birmingham New Street offers me the chance to write a quick blog. I am on my way back from Leicester, where three Commissioners - Sarah Brown, Brian Strutton and me …
Related content and links
About the Low Pay Commission
A blog on the work of the Low Pay Commission (LPC), an independent body that advises the government about the National Minimum Wage.
Comments and moderation
- Minimum wage coverage: where you work versus where you live
- Update on our 2020 consultation
- Why do young people have lower minimum wages?
- Has the National Living Wage affected jobs and hours?
- A tale of two (similar) cities: the impact of the minimum wage on retail and hospitality in Sheffield and Manchester